We don't have an Olive Garden were we live, but my wife decided to make this soup one day and this recipe is definitely a keeper. I'm normally not a fan of kale, but I could eat this soup almost every day.
- 1 lb italian sausage (spicy)
- 4-6 russet potatoes, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 round onion, chopped
- 2 T garlic, minced
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 1/2 bunch kale/swiss chard, de-stemmed and cut/torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 T flour
- salt & pepper to taste
- cayenne pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- Brown sausage links in a pan
- Cut links lengthwise, then cut into slices.
- Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes, and onion in slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours (low for 5-6 ours) until potatoes are soft.
- About 30 minutes before serving, mix flour into cream and stir to remove any lumps.
- Add cream mixture and kale into the slow cooker. Stir.
- Cook on high for 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
- Add salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Top with bacon bits and serve immediately.